Skip to main content

JUST PLAY MARIA ISABEL'S BUY YOUR OWN FLOWERS FOR ME..........

 

 Bear with me, I have a lot to say and it’s a little disorganised.

I remember in one post speaking on the importance of loving the people in your life in their love language. I don’t think however I stressed the importance of also allowing yourself the grace to leave if the same is not reciprocated. I can’t stress enough you can’t always be the one who is trying to love someone the way they deserve to be loved, you deserve to be loved just as aggressively, just as intentionally and you shouldn’t settle. I say this because I realise now more than ever that some people were never my friends to begin with, yeah, we hung out, you have my number but all that person is, is an acquaintance. Because as far as I’m concerned you can’t call me your friend and only take, take, and take from me. You can’t be my friend if you can’t love me the way I deserve to be loved, when I’m the only one making sure you are loved as you deserve to be. This applies to romantic partners too. I deserve to be loved intentionally and ill be damned if I compromise that. Letting go however is harder than we might imagine, letting go off a friendship is not talked about as often as we should. Which bring me to my next point…

Grief is horrible. Mourning a friendship hurts. I think it hurts worse because they are still alive, and because for what ever its worth standing, they played a huge part in your life for a certain amount of time. We neglect to mourn the people we have let go because they weren’t good for us because we think we should feel happy that they are gone. That we should feel better that they no longer in our lives and can no longer hurt us, but damn… their betrayal does not and will not ever erase their impact, the memories, and the love you have for them. It sure as hell wont fill that gaping hole they leave once they are gone. It’s okay to miss people who weren’t good for you, you loved them, they were in your life, you’re only human. Its however not ever in your best interest to go back where you aren’t wanted, where you aren’t appreciated and where you aren’t loved as you deserve to be. Mourn that friendship but remember the dead shouldn’t have a hold over you.

Also, I think I was right, but anyway when I’m I ever not?? My hand are little earthquakes, ask the last 2 people who have tried to love me. 8.9 magnitude earthquakes. Leaving nothing but destruction in their wake. And I said in a fit of anger the other day that if I could, I would go back in time to just change how things have ended. I don’t want to anymore. Am I remorseful of how I treated the people who showed me affection and care yes, but am I gonna regret the experience? Nope. Not even close. There’s nothing to regret, there’s only memories of love and lessons learnt. I can’t change who the villain is in those stories, but this villain has finally learned how to be gentle, how to take care of someone, how to express their love fully, this villain is getting help, this villain doesn’t want to be the villain any longer. And this villain will always be the villain in those stories but I can not wait exit that role. I can not wait to be on the good side of the story next time. And I know. Its probably a little narcissistic, maybe borderline egotistical too, but I believe wholeheartedly believe that sometimes you have to be bad to be good, you don’t intentionally become bad, but you’ll always be in someone’s story. And there will always be one truth, that lessons were learnt on both sides, what lessons you chose to learn is up to you. Up to whatever role you wanna play next. Personally, I wouldn’t recommend you sign up for the part of the villain if you have a choice.

Okay, I’m almost done.

 In the past few weeks, the spotlight as shined on mental health and mental illness, I mean that’s a whole post all together but damn. A lot of us really be going through it and really the least you could do is be kind and educate yourself. What the media shows you?? It may not always be the whole truth; it sometimes is romanticised. talk to the people who have been through it, talk to professionals, be empathetic. LISTEN. For a moment take your time to listen to the people who know, listen to the hearts that have bled out on to the ground because nobody could help them. And to the people who have been who are currently facing some challenges in that department (me included), I hope it gets better. I hope you see the light. I hope you tell your story; I hope you put a face to the stories. I hope we are brave enough to give ourselves the grace to not have it all together, brave enough to get help. Brave enough to make our lives about us. You are loved. You are appreciated. And you are worthy of this life. Take care of yourselves, emotionally, mentally, and physically too.

Let me wrap it up by saying, we are more than capable to be the people we want to be. We are worthy of all of the greatness and prosperity that is coming towards us. And we are no less worthy of love and kindness because we have bigger “flaws” than others.

Comments

  1. You can sense the personal growth in this blog. The need to mourn past relationships. The need to listen to those with mental illnesses, to be empathetic to their struggle and to educate oneself about the issues surrounding mental health. The need to be loved in a love language that speaks to you, with the same intensity that you provide, because nothing hurts like crossing oceans for someone who won't cross a puddle for you. This blog/post intices one to introspect and prune their relationship tree. It reminds softies like myself that it is not only okay, but necessary to cut people who end up bringing more pain than happiness in your life, because it is so easy to fall for the trap of "I love this person and ke tla mamella..." Aowa.
    This blog feels like wisdom gained from experience, and it doesn't get realer than that, does it?

    What I'm trying to say is I love this. ❤
    Can't wait read the next one πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😭😭😭❤❤❤❤ I am so glad, I made an impact. Even better than you are introspecting and applying things. I am trying too. It's not easy but we try

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's called Privilege and you have it

  Let's talk about privilege. Before we get into the nitty gritty of this topic we must first establish that I've had a light addiction to Big Brother since 2020. it waxes and wanes depending on how busy i am but an obsession regardless. Now you're probably thinking "What's that got to do with privilege?" well patience. it will all make sense in a bit. and yes i know, it is a bit wild for me to come back here and pretend i haven't been gone for at least 9 months now.... that i can't explain. at least not now.  Now for context i must let you know how i found myself thinking about Privilege. In line with my usual obsession, I'm currently watching big brother and today the topic of struggle came up. Someone did not like being associated with their money or people thinking that because they had money they did not struggle. Valid. but it also got me thinking. No one ever said that they didn't struggle. and that right there is what got me thinking ab

The one where the universe screams at you

 Often enough, the universe whispers to us warnings, subtly as if trying not to let the people in the room with you know and then out of nowhere if you don't listen it stands in your face and screams. A lot of us never listen to the whispers, infact we ignore the whispers completely. We ignore that friend who centers men in every action until they ditch you in unsafe places for men. We ignore the whispers that tell you, you do not count in their lives as much as they do in yours until the universe forces them to pick their real ones and you don't fit the bill.  I think we ignore warnings because humans are hard wired to want to be the exception. The one it could never happen to so we go into situations that we know don't have a positive out come just for the chance to say it didn't happen to me. To feel like you're different. Truth is, we are not that different, In fact you'd find that we are more similar than we are different. It could definitely happen to you,

In saying Good bye

Don't kill me just yet, I know it's been a minute. There's been a lot going on between school, life, family, friends, feeling etc. Its just been a lot and I needed the time.  As I type this, I'm halfway through packing up my things at res and I sorta gave up half way through, I'm not sure how and when I got this much stuff but now the challenge is how I'm gonna get it to fit in my dad's car. He tells me all the time that my things seem to keep increasing, only this time when he tells me he'll be picking up from res for the last time. I'm leaving never to return to NUL. All the times I had imagined leaving this place, I imagined I'd be emotional, inconsolable even. I kept having conversations about how it was gonna be a lot to say good bye to 4years of my life. I remember one conversations where I said, I don't think I want my dad to talk to me after he picks me up cause I might break down. Another where I was telling the other person that I h